“Cvijeta Zuzoric” Art Pavilion was built on the Little Kalemegdan in 1928 with funds provided by the “Cvijeta Zuzoric” Society of Art Lovers. Branislav Nusic was the initiator of the project. He was guided by the idea of “spreading interest for art and creating favourable conditions for the prosperity and development of our people”. The building was designed by architect Branislav Kojic. Nowadays, the “Cvijeta Zuzoric” Pavilion represents the centre of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts.
Association of Friends of Art “Cvijeta Zuzorić”, whose name preserved the memory of Dubrovnik female poet and art admirer from 16th century, in 1923 came up with an idea to erect a pavilion in Belgrade, exclusively for the exhibition of works of art. Till that time, these were exhibited in Gymnasium halls and gala hall of Captain Miša`s Edifice, since the space specially intended for this kind of concept and content did not exist. With the aim of collecting donations for the construction of the art pavilion, in February 1923, the ball called “Thousand and Second Night” was organized in the Hotel “Kasina” by Branislav Nušić, at that time the head of Art Division of the Ministry of Education.