Climb the 18th-century tower’s (27.5m) narrow stairs to check out the inner workings of this landmark clock and snap some panoramic shots of Kalemegdan.
The construction began in 1740 during the Austro-Hungarian administration led by the Venetian builder Andrea Kornara, and completed in 1789, then already under Turkish rule but with the same builder.
Today’s clock (trained in 2003) was created at the beginning of the 20th century by the bell-ringer Pantelić from Zemun. But although the original Pantelic mechanism has been restored and trained, a microcomputer-controlled system with electric motors, sensors and electromagnets is typed for a quarter of an hour while the old mechanism is kept.
Ticket: 80 din